As a certified Scholarship Granting Organization (SGO) of Indiana’s School Scholarship Tax Credit Scholarship Program, Scholarships for Education Choice is authorized to offer individuals and businesses state tax credits equal to fifty-percent (50%) of the amount donated in order to secure the funding necessary to award scholarships to income-eligible students attending private schools for grades K-12. Because we are a 501(c)3 nonprofit, donations are also eligible for a federal tax deduction.
Click here for a brochure that further explains the benefits of donating.
You have three options for donating:
- Print the Tax Credit Scholarship Donation Form, complete it and mail it to us along with a check made out to Sagamore SGO.
- Donate Stocks or Securities through our Single Charity Fund with the National Christian Foundation.
- Donate Online through our partnership with iDonate. Donate using a credit card or checking account. iDonate can also be utilized to set up recurring donations. Additionally, iDonate offers the opportunity to donate just about anything… vehicles, jewelry, electronics and even commodities.
More Information on the Tax Credits:
- On July 1st of each year, Indiana renews the allocation of tax credits for SGOs to offer individuals or businesses as an incentive to fund scholarships. On July 1, 2016, the amount available will be $9.5 million.
- Your donation may be restricted to scholarships for students attending one of our participating schools.
- There is NO CAP on the amount of tax credits a donor can secure as long as they are available. (See link below for tax credit balance for this fiscal year.)
- The tax credit can be applied toward your Indiana income tax liability (it may not be refunded or applied to a tax liability from a prior year).
- When filing your state return, your credit should be reported as a School Scholarship Credit, code number 849 and your return must include Schedule IN-OCC 55629. Form IN-OCC 55629 can be found here. (The tax credit certification number you receive with your receipt letter needs to be entered in Column C and the code number 849 is entered in Column D).
- If after filing your Indiana Tax Return you possess unused school scholarship tax credits, you may carry these forward to be applied to subsequent annual filings for up to nine (9) years.
- Follow this link to the Indiana Department of Revenue website to find the available balance for the current fiscal year: IN Department of Revenue SGO Tax Credit Availability. Consider donating early in the year to ensure availability of tax credits.